Friday, October 07, 2005

A Nation of Used Cars

When I was growing up I had a very good family life. My father was a Major in the Army and my Mother was a stay-at-home Mom. I have a five-year older sister, and an eight-year younger brother.

My mother told me about the birds and the bees when the subject first came up. She said she waited until I was curious to tell me about it and that was the way and the when that God and nature had intended for it to be taught. If it is brought up sooner, then children will become curious before they were intended to be. They often are not able to handle the shock and will think about it more than they should.

The session was only about how babies were created, and that was that.

It wasn’t until I got into college that I really learned about the true morals of human sexuality. I was curious about why there seemed to be a double standard between men and women when it came to being sexually active.

I figured I had better read books that were written by people who cared about morality instead of caring about teaching for money. I figured you go to church to learn about God’s ways, but you go to public school to learn about man’s ways.

I found out that Women are special. They are given less sex drive, (in general), than men. Men were given much stronger sex drive, so that the men are in the role of chasing women by nature.

Men are kind of like Dogs; running around with their tongues hanging out saying things like…. “Feed me, play with me, entertain me, but most of all, please play with me!”

While women are like cats, just sitting around purring and saying things like…. “You don’t really expect me to come to you every time you call do you? And ”you can pet me if you want to, but if you don’t that’s alright too, because it really doesn’t make that much difference to me.”

So I learned that men were given much more latitude when it came to feeling sorry for them because of the “dog in them.” Women in some marriages even continue to forgive them for their adultery for they wrongly think that men have no control over their sex drive. Baloney, it’s kind of like smoking, people say they can’t stop, but what they are really saying is they like to smoke more than they want to stop. Men can wait until marriage, and after marriage they can stop the outside escapades. It just takes will power and morals.


Parents can't give them will power, so we better give them the understanding of values and morals. Teach them "why" to be moral.

I found out that what God had in mind was for everyone to have a new car as soon as they were ready to purchase one. This meant that when men were ready to get married what they really wanted deep down inside was a virgin. They wanted a brand new car, one that had never even been sat in before. Makes sense that if you are only supposed to have one for your lifetime, then it should be a new one.

God wanted women to have a new car also. But here is what usually happens. Boys have their libido telling them to test drive cars as often as they can. They know deep down inside that they are making a “Nation of Used Cars”, while all the time hoping to find a new car when they are finally ready to purchase one.

They reason that God can’t send everyone to hell, so they try to influence as many of their friends to go along with them as possible. People have a tendency to pull others down to their morality level because it makes them feel like it must be normal if so many are doing it.

But if you put a rotten apple in a barrel of good ones, the rotten one will usually turn some of the good ones bad until the keeper removes them, but if you put a good apple in a barrel of rotten ones, the rotten ones will easily turn the one good one bad. So, as the old saying goes, the company you keep is vital to your long-term happiness. Misery loves company.

Since Clinton has been in office, the age of young girls becoming active has dropped from 15 years old down to 12 years old. They have also reasoned they can be safer, from pregnancy and disease, by copying Monica Lewinski’s method, but instead are only safer from the pregnancy part. The disease’s can be just as dangerous as before. And they also fail to realize that they are being used by boys and men, all the while they are being laughed at for being so easily tricked into thinking that being a "used" car is desirable and makes them equal to men. Used is used, and they fail to see that often once the boy/man gets what he wants, then it is "see ya later, I don't want to marry someone that has such low morals because I won't be able to trust her after we are married."

Let’s try to recognize the things we should do to help our young children from being tempted to lower their morals.

First, let’s fight for optional sex education and try to keep the government from having our young children becoming exposed to it before they are ready for it. I have read somewhere that some schools want to introduce it as early as the second grade so as to help them know what to do if they are in an abusive home. Isn’t it funny how the parents are willingly giving up their responsibilities?


Yes, some parents are not good parents, but if you legislate for the exception, you often destroy the rule.

Second, let’s teach our children the importance of not falling for group pressure to lower their values and morals, by impressing them with how to handle peer pressure.


Third, have some very basic rules and don't give in to these "deal breakers."
1. Tell us where you are going, who you are with and when you are coming home.
2. No single dating until you are 18. Double dating starts at 16.
3. Junior high you must be home by 11 o'clock, high school by 1am. Nothing good happens after 1am at night and a ton of bad stuff does.
4. Bad deeds are given consequences, good ones are given rewards.

That's my list that I used. It seemed to work, and it came from some very good sources.

And finally lets insure that our children have a good understanding of why we are here on this earth, and what is expected of us from God.



7 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Free Agency Rules said...

All,

I wanted to add a story about what my oldest son told me when he was in high school about rule #1.

He came home one day and gave me a hug. I said "what was that for?"

He said, "you know Tony Z is my best friend, don't you?" "Well he told me something today that totally shocked me. I asked him why he seemed so sad so often, you have all the freedom in the world. Your parents don't care where you go, who you are with or when you come home. I wish I had that much freedom."

Then my son said, "Dad, he told me he was not very happy with that situation becasue they don't CARE where he goes, because they don't CARE!"


FAR.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Intellectual Insurgent said...

A friend of ours has a rule with his son that he has no curfew, but must be prepared to be out at the curb, ready for pick-up, on 10 minutes notice. And, the cell phone must be on and answered at all times. He said it has been an effective tool to develop trust and independence with his son, while keeping his son from drinking and doing drugs.

I don't blame Clinton and Monica for sexual depravity among kids. Britney Spears, television, movies, sports and music have done us in worse than any politician who kids typically ignore. Look at what the kids are wearing. If this country had an ounce of morality, there would not be such a booming market for the vulgar music, violent movies and brainless tv shows. But as it is, the consuming public (which includes many religious hypocrites) loves brainless sleeze.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Free Agency Rules said...

ii,

There is plenty of blame to go around.


FAR.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Intellectual Insurgent said...

Cool quote I thought I would share:

"If God is just, I tremble for my country."
– Thomas Jefferson

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Free Agency Rules said...

I love that quote!

It goes along with this one...

"Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."


FAR.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Andy Nevis said...

Great post!

I think that #3 on your list is too linient. You let your 9th Grader stay out unsupervised until 1AM?

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Free Agency Rules said...

CS,

Only if he has earned the trust. If he does what he says and he is always found to be where he says he is going, and always comes home when he says he is, and he is always with who he says he is with, then he can go to the movies or to a dance on the weekends with his friends unsupervised and come home as late as 1:00pm if that is when the show or dance lets out.

Make sense?


FAR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home