Sunday, August 28, 2005

Defeat the New Iraq Constitution

I know the above title sounds strange, but wait to here me out.

The Sunnis did not participate in the original regional elections for representatives to draft the new constitution so they just about assured themselves that the 20% Sunni population would not get good minority protection in the new constitution.

But, the saving grace is that if the vote for the new constitution is defeated in two-thirds of voters in any three provinces, the constitution will be defeated and new elections would need to be held to draft another constitution. Sunnis have the majority in at least four provinces.

In any Constitution there needs to be protections for the minority. It is no different in Iraq.

Let's hope that the defeat of the Constitution will not cause more unrest, and the process will begin anew with the Sunnis correcting their boycott mistake of the first elections.

9 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Free Agency Rules said...

I think Bush may hope that the Constitution passes but it may become a big mistake if later on it turns into the Sunnis rebelling because they didn't get the needed protection of a minority.


FAR.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger pappy said...

Your right things could really get nasty later

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger SactoDan said...

FAR, We are needing your email address . If you post at my blog and put your email, it does not display, but I will get it, and I need to send you something.

Please delete andys comment

SD

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Craig DeLuz said...

I just wanted to say congratulations and welcome to the Western Alliance!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Free Agency Rules said...

Thanks Craig!


Good to be with you guys.


FAR.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Intellectual Insurgent said...

Check out this article

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/chu6.html

and this website in general.

http://www.lewrockwell.com

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Free Agency Rules said...

ii,

I have written blogs on the fact that we are a "Republic" and not a Democracy.

Ever here of the "Battle Hymn of the Democracy?" "And to the Democracy, for which it stands?"

Read my post titled Left and Right

Nope, and neither have I.

I think we had the best form of Government until we started to forget what the Constitution really stood for.

Read the book that I have linked named The Law it will show you exactly what I believe, and what I have belived for more than 20 or 30 years about the "Proper Role of Government."

The Book is on line in it's entirety and is only about 60 or 70 pages in length. Most can read it in about 2 - 3 hours.

It is one of the best books on Politics I have ever read. I first read it back in the early 1960's and have seen the light ever since.


FAR.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Free Agency Rules said...

Lets try those links again.

The Law

And Left and Right


FAR.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Free Agency Rules said...

Can't get the link for "The Law" to work for some reason.

It's on my blog home page under "Important Docs"


FAR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home